Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hello.

"How did you get into cakes?"

If I had a dime for every time I've been asked this question, I would be on an island sipping margaritas instead of blogging from a chilly apartment in NYC (my home away from home)...

The truth is, I loved art and sculpture growing up and never really knew how I could put my talents to good use as an adult. I watched countless episodes of Ace of Cakes several years ago and thought to myself, "hmm.... I think I can do that..."

I made my first fondant cake 5 years ago using homemade marshmallow fondant (which is delicious and will be discussed at a later date). It was a half-dome baseball-themed cake. I was so proud at the time and completely unaware of how hideous it was. My fondant was lumpy and patched together, and I didn't understand the process of assembling, icing and covering a cake. Little did I know, it was the beginning of something magical.....


After years of research, trial, and lots (LOTS) of errors, I decided it's time to give back to the new bakers of the world and help you the way so many blogs and videos have helped me! I hope you enjoy joining me on this new journey;  I can't wait to share my cake life with you!



Love,


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment